Stuffy and congested nose, pressure on the face around the nose and eyes and /or pain on the forehead are just some of the signs that there’s something wrong in your nasal sinuses.
The most common problem is sinus infection which causes swelling or inflammation of the lining of the sinuses. It may begin to feel like the common cold but pain, congestion, fever and cough may follow as more fluids and bacteria are blocked in the sinuses.
What Make Apple Cider Vinegar Effective Against Sinus Infection
There are medications that may help to treat the symptoms of sinus infection but using organic, raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (ACV) is the safer and more natural way to effectively stop the discomfort and pain from sinus infection.
- Organic ACV is loaded with antioxidants as well as minerals (calcium, magnesium) and vitamins (B1, B2, A, E) that help thin mucus, clear and dry sinus cavities.
- ACV has natural antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties that make it effective in clearing sinuses quickly.
- ACV is also a natural antihistamine that effectively prevents the production and release of histamines, the body chemical that can cause runny nose or sneezing and other symptoms of allergy.
Ways to Use ACV Against Sinus Infection
Two typical ways to benefit from the healing power of organic ACV is by drinking a mixture of 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 8 ounces of water daily, or by sipping a mixture of 1/8 to 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar in 16 ounces of water throughout the day. Aside from drinking and sipping, here are other ways to use organic ACV to treat sinus infection:
- Mix 1/2 – 1 tsp teaspoon organic, raw apple cider vinegar to a cup of warm water.
- Stir solution for thorough mixing.
- Transfer some of the mixture into your palm and inhale or breathe in through one nostril only.
- Plug or press the other nostril using the other hand.
- Repeat the same procedure to the other nostril.
This method will clear the nasal passages while ACV’s antibacterial and antifungal properties kill the bacteria that infected the sinus cavities.
- Mix ½ cup organic ACV and ½ cup water in a saucepan. Stir properly.
- Heat the mixture for few minutes.
- Get a towel that is just big enough to drape over your head and neck.
- Position your face over the steaming pan and inhale the steam.
- Repeat the procedure as many times as you can in a day for a few days until the sinus infection is completely cured.
ACV Nasal Spray
The ACV nasal spray should provide relief to those suffering from nasal congestion. ACV thins out and eventually removes mucus that is blocking passages in the nasal sinus.
- Mix 5 to 6 drops apple cider vinegar with 1 tablespoon distilled water properly.
- Pour the ACV-distilled water mixture to a clean and dry nasal sprayer.
- 3 Spray the ACV-distilled water mixture to the affected nostril.
- Spray at least thrice daily until you get rid of sinus infection.
- This remedy is expected to provide relief to nasal congestion within 24 hours.