Traces of vinegar have been found in Egyptian urns dating as far back as 3000 BC. There are Chinese text from 1200 BC which provide written record of vinegar’s uses and health benefits.
There are many types of vinegar but currently apple cider vinegar is one of the most popular varieties available. It is made from double fermentation of pressed apple juice, and is extremely sour and acidic.Here are a few of its many uses.
In your home
This amazing liquid can instantly decrease the quantity of synthetic chemicals you use to freshen and detoxify your home.
- For starters, replace detergent in your dishwasher. Also, a ½ cup of apple cider vinegar mixed with 1 cup of water makes a solution you can use to clean kitchen surfaces, microwaves, glasses, windows and mirrors.
- For a sparkling toilet, pour in some apple cider vinegar, leave it overnight and flush it away in the morning.
For hair and skin
Apple cider vinegar gives your hair a healthy shine in just a couple weeks. Pour ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar and 1 cup cold water into an old shampoo bottle and use the mixture to rinse your hair after you shampoo.
- Since apple cider vinegar naturally regulates the pH of your skin, it can replace your face toner. Apply a combination of one part apple cider vinegar with two parts water to your face at night and in the morning before you put on your moisturizer.
- Just a dab of apple cider vinegar on acne scars and age spots helps to fade them overnight.
- Put a cotton ball soaked in apple cider vinegar over a wart your wish to remove. Hold it in place overnight using an adhesive bandage. The wart will fall off but you should continue the treatment for a few days to ensure it does not return. As a reaction to the vinegar, you skin might swell but this will soon go away.
- To effectively relive your sunburn symptoms, try soaking for 10 minutes in a bath to which 1 cup of apple cider vinegar was added.
- Make apple cider vinegar aftershave by simply mixing equal parts apple cider vinegar and water, remembering to shake the bottle before each use.
Mix 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in 16 ounces of water. Sip it throughout the day as a weight loss aid.
- Your body needs a slightly alkaline pHlevel for optimal functioning. Although apple cider vinegar is acidic, it becomes alkaline-forming when ingested and helps the body remain at a healthy pH level.It also will detoxify the liver and stimulate cardiovascular circulation.
- Overall, apple cider vinegar can lessen the effects of allergies. It reduces mucus helping to cleanse lymph nodes and eases sinus congestion. This lowers the risk of sore throats, headaches and other symptoms of a sinus infection.
- Apart from causing yeast infections, the candida fungus can lead to sugar cravings, poor memory and fatigue. Apple cider vinegar, naturally fight against the candida fungus, limiting its effects.
Because it is so sour, you can add a little sweetener or dilute it with water to improve the taste and make ingestion easier. Whether you use it as a cleaner or for keeping your body healthy inside and out, apple cider vinegar sure has many amazing uses and benefits.